Once in a while, relocating is not just an option, but a requirement. Chances are that you have brought a new home, acquired a new job or just want to change your location. In such instances, you are faced by numerous challenges, the biggest one being how to move your items to your new location. It’s obvious that everyone would prefer a convenient and reliable mover instead of risking yourself and your pets on the road with a truck that you probably don’t have the experience to drive. Moving yourself will mean packing everything securely, loading it all up, driving to a new location and then unloading it all; that’s a lot of work to do yourself! It’s no wonder that most people will hire a tried and tested moving company instead.
Finding a company that will handle your moving task professionally can be stressing, however, especially given the variety of local and long-distance moving companies on the market. It’s important to know that all these moving companies provide nearly the same services, however, they have different prices, specialties and, of course, qualities.
Services offered by long distance movers
- Loading and unloading – this is the foremost service you’ll come across on the long distance movers memo. They will load your items and unload them once you get to your destination.
- Packing and unpacking – this is a common service with long distance movers. However, you are allowed to customize this option by packing or unpacking your belongings for a reduced price.
- Custom crating – For increased convenience, moving companies provide custom crating for some goods. Some of the companies do not have this option.
- Storage – In case of hitches in-between your movement, you may require temporary storage. With some companies, you get free storage for a period of about 30 days while others offer storage at a certain fee.
- Packing supplies – this is a must-have for all moving customers or else they lose customers. They provide packing supplies such as boxes and tapes – although at a price – which makes sense.
- Furniture disassembly and reassembly
- Shipment tracking – Limited to some moving companies.
- Full valuation coverage – More than 90% of the companies offer this service at an extra fee.
Why choose a moving brand?
This question will definitely pop up in your mind when the time to relocate comes. First and foremost, you need to free yourself from the tedious and hectic process that comes with shifting homes. A moving company can easily handle all the packing, unpacking, loading, unloading and all other petty activities.
Having a backup in the name of liability coverage also gives you a reason to choose a moving brand.
To identify the right moving company, it’s crucial that you consider and evaluate different brands. This way, you will be able to choose a moving brand that entirely fits your needs and is within your budget.